Edmonton airport

Sunday, January 12, 2014

A

A Bit off the Top

One of my favourite hair cutting places is gone! I came back from a trip to Edmonton in November and decided I needed a cut, but the place (across from The Roastery) had disappeared. It was run by a couple of women, they charged reasonable rates, I liked the way they cut my hair, and they had a cute little dog. What more could you ask for? I feel a bit guilty because I don’t get my hair cut that often (I let it grow quite a bit and then get it chopped off), and sometimes I do try out other hair cutting places. But I always went back to A Bit off the Top.  I have no idea what happened because there was no sign up that they’d moved, and the phone number is not in service. So if anyone out there knows anything about this, please tell me!
 

Artisan Fine Craft Market
I haven’t attended this event for a number of years, but I always liked it when I did. Saskatchewan has wonderful crafts people who are renowned not only in this province and country, but also in other parts of the word. The Artisan co-operative does a great job of presenting some of the best work in clay, fibre, metal, wood, glass, printmaking, painting, paper, mixed media, and so on. The entrance fee is only $5, and since the event is held toward the end of November, it’s a great opportunity to buy unique Christmas presents. I have got to get there next year!

 
A Taste of Saskatchewan
Spend a summer afternoon by the Saskatchewan River, eating good food and listening to music. I haven’t been to this event for a few years either. Although I think it’s great, I do have a couple of quibbles that have kept me away. One is that the same restaurants show up year after year presenting the same food. I’d like a little variety, please! A friend of mine told me that in 2013 they did have some changes, so I hope that continues in the future. My other quibble is the large amount of food that most servings include. Rather than eating only one big meal, I’d like to be able to sample several, so I’d be happier with portions that are half to one quarter the size. And thus they could charge less! I think others would appreciate these changes also.

No comments:

Post a Comment